Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Some more Floridian Winter for ya...

Have I mentioned how much we love the beach and how I didn't really think I'd miss it this much once we moved further inland? We LOVE the beach! I mean, how could you not when there are super cute old people just laying around, soakin it up and giving in? How cute is he? (No we're not related - he was just some random old dude.)
Cate, if you blow this pic up and look closely, you can see some really nice twist dreads forming quite nicely! Of course I had just done them the day before! Silly me! (I will post better pics of his hair once I get my new beeswax on Thursday - this stuff is CRAZY awesome and works like nothing else!)
Anyone wanna guess how long it took me to get all that sand outta his velcro hair? That was NOT fun!

Cai was practicing being at one with the sand. He stayed in this position for an extraordinary amount of time.
Then decided he would rinse off, but you know how that goes.

Too much sun and fun...
Cai lurvs to throw sand, but Papa reprimanded him for it after he repeatedly hit Phoenix in the back of the head. Phoenix feigned insult and well.....
This pathetic little picture of defeat is what transpired.




9 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Sand in the hair is NOT my favorite. And so much fun to get out of Jasmine's hair--especially when I have just "oiled" it a day or two before.

kayder1996 said...

Heather,
I can't wait to see the locs once they really get going. I've read that the canned air for computers can be good for getting stuff out of black hair; maybe it would work with sand?

kayder1996 said...

Heather,
I can't wait to see the locs once they really get going. I've read that the canned air for computers can be good for getting stuff out of black hair; maybe it would work with sand?

Bill and Christina said...

I love your pictures!
Christina

Mrs Branham said...

The boys are so beautiful! And your pictures are amazing. I wish I was at the beach right now!

Tammie said...

Oh, I too don't enjoy it when my kids get sand in their hair :( Thanks for sharing the pictures of you on the beach. It is going to be 40 degrees here in Ohio today and it feels like a heat wave. I can't wait to run around in shorts and go swimming :)

Life in Fitzville said...

I will confess... I have used the shopvac on my son's hair... worked really well!

I started my son's dreadlocsk with twists. We are over a year in, and I love the look on him.

Juli said...

since life in fitzville made a confession, i will too.

the lint roller (tape kind) gets fuzzies out of my boys' hair fast.

Sean's Ladies said...

I love his hair. It is looking wonderful!!!

I think you are really brave to do locs and sand. WOW.

I love the warm winter weather. I think I would shrivel up and die if we had to live somewhere where it snowed!!!!