Tuesday, April 15, 2008

if it's weird, random or effed up...

...it happens to us. I mean, sometimes sovereignty just sucks.

To make a laughably long story short, there were providential signs and definite urgencies that precipitated this move. We found our dream
house, settled into our dream life, populated our farm, laughed, learned and waited...for the other shoe to drop because it inevitably always does. And it did! Our property manager turned out to be a psycho beyotch who essentially had us sign an entirely fraudulent lease for a property that she knew had neither been properly permitted for, nor was up to code. Kind and friendly requests from us for things to be taken care of were routinely ignored and we were forced to lay the smackdown of the law. Our attorney got involve and the situation escalated to ridiculous proportions. We were threatened, bullied and intimidated until we said ENOUGH and called code enforcemt on them. Now there is a formal report and investigation and our attorney finally advised us to break the lease and move out. So, we are packing up and moving for the second time in 5 friggin months. We had to liquidate our livestock and happy farm life because the only other farms for rent in this inbred, backwater town have trailers on them and I simply refuse... I'm sure I will soon see the divine providence in even this frustration, but for now, at this moment, sovereignty sucks.

4 comments:

chefvanwarren@aol.com said...

im sorry this all happened i know you loved taht place, I hop eyou find something soon. I know you don't see it now, I know God is with you and has a plane. I know all to well, Waiting on God and how doors close and close, and for us this week the door maybe opening and Im kind scared and excited at the same time to have this door open. I know things are crazy for you right now, but we are coming to Orlando thur -Sat or Sunday not sure, but you want and can come down meets us have some fun and get your mind off it for a little while . We love to se you guys. Your in my prayers

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Certainly you aren't saying that God sucks???

Pihl Pastures said...

no. what i'm saying is that just because i acknowledge that God is in control of everything, doesn't mean i have to be happy with everything that comes my way. it took the apostle paul a VERY long time to "learn to be content in all situations" and i am no different. so for me, at this moment, my opinion is that the hand we have been dealt sucks. farther down the road when the story begins to unravel and i can see more of the big picture and realize why things happened the way they did, then it will be a different story. but for the moment, being human and not having the whole picture and being in the middle of a sh*t storm really sucks.

and next time you feel led to leave a comment that's inflammatory, why don't you post with your name instead of hiding behind and "anonymous" tag?